In order to receive units from CSU, Chico or Simpson University or a CTAP Online Certificate of Completion, you must have your CTAP Online course work reviewed by a CTAP Online Mentor or the Butte County Office of Education.
Your portfolio will be evaluated based on the portfolio requirements/course rubrics specific to each course. Course completion will be determined by review of your completed portfolio (Course portfolio requirements are explained in each course.)
A review of completed CTAP Online course-work may be necessary for the following circumstances:
- You would like to receive continuing education/graduate level college credit.
- You would like to receive a certificate of completion
- You are required to demonstrate computer-use proficiency for your district.
- You are required to demonstrate course completion for a funded project (i.e., Digital High School, TLC grant)
- You are applying professional development hours to recertify your credential.
Portfolios will be reviewed for CTAP 100 (entire course and individual courses), 120, 201, 205. 210 and 310.
Review by a CTAP Online Mentor
A CTAP Online Mentor may sign off completion of a teacher's completed course portfolio. A CTAP Online Mentor is a teacher who has either previously been certified as a CTAP Online instructor or who has attended the CTAP Online Site Administrator (Level A) and/or Mentor (Level B) training.
Once completed and signed by a CTAP Online Mentor, send the Course Completion/Portfolio Sign Off form, along with other necessary forms and work as necessary, to the address below.
Review by the Butte County Office of Education
The Butte County Office of Education will review completed course portfolios for a fee of $100.00 for each course. Portfolios will be reviewed for CTAP 100 (entire course), 120, 201, 205, 210, and 310. If you would like BCOE to review a portfolio:
- Complete the Course Completion/Portfolio Sign Off form.
- Enclose a check for $100.00 per course portfolio payable to Butte County Office of Education.
- Mail the check and completed CTAP Online course portfolio and floppy disk to the address listed below. (Materials sent to BCOE will not be returned).